LoL Reveals New Champion ‘Samira’, A Noxian Markswoman
Riot revealed the newest addition to League of Legends’ champion pool. Samira, a Noxian markswoman, is set to go live on the Public Beta Environment (PBE) at a later date. Samira is the 151st champion in the game.
Samira was revealed on August 30 with a short teaser of her actual movements on the field. This assassin marksman has an interesting set of abilities that would make it exciting and complicated for players to land combinations. Skilled players can fit her well in other roles using unique combinations. Samira can deal massive damage to opponents with up close and personal attacks.
Here’s the full breakdown of Samira’s kit and abilities:
Passive – Daredevil Impulse
- Samira builds a combo by hitting Attacks or abilities unique from the previous hit. Each one increases her Style, from “E” to “S” grade (6 total). Samira gains X% Movement Speed per grade.
- Samira’s attacks in melee range deal an additional X magic damage, increased up to X based on the target’s missing Health.
- Samira’s Attacks against enemies affected by Immobilizing effects Knock Up for 0.5 seconds and deal damage over 6 separate attacks.
Q – Flair
- Samira fires a shot, dealing X physical damage to the first enemy hit.
- If this ability is cast towards an enemy in melee range, Samira will instead slash with her sword, dealing X physical damage. Either hit can critically strike for 25% bonus damage.
W – Blade Whirl
- Samira slashes around her for 1 second, damaging enemies twice for X physical damage each and destroying any enemy missiles that enter the area.
E – Wild Rush
- Samira dashes through an enemy or ally, slashing enemies she passes through and gaining Attack Speed. Killing an enemy champion refreshes this ability’s cooldown.
R – Inferno Trigger
- Samira can only use this ability if her current Style rating is S.
- Samira unleashes a torrent of shots from her weapons, wildly shooting all enemies surrounding her 10 times over 2 seconds, each shot dealing X physical damage and applying lifesteal.
Riot has yet to reveal Samira’s release date yet, but she’s expected to appear on patch 10.18, a minor update, or on the patch 10.19 PBE’s cycle. Her launch also features additional item updates, such as new PsyOps skins for Kayle, Pyke, Viktor, Zed, Championship LeBlanc, and Yasuo.